Tuesday 20th October

Rocester FC v Hinckley AFC

MFL Division One

Kick-off 7:45pm


The Romans were extremely unlucky to finish as the losing side going down 2-3 following a last-minute penalty being awarded to the visitors...


The visitors started well and were rewarded with a goal after just 10 minutes.


They continued to maintain the pressure and were rewarded with a second goal after 35 minutes when two Rocester defenders got in each otherís way and the ball fell to Sam Lockley who finished clinically.


At this point, the Romans started to find their feet and began to pressure the visitors...


Just on 45+2', Rocester were awarded a free kick some 15 yards out of the visitors' penalty area.

Liam Robinson unleashed an absolute screamer straight into the top right corner giving their keeper no chance of saving!


The half-time whistle went and as the teams were leaving the field, Nick Brandish (Hinckley) was 'red-carded' for dissent.


Half-time score Rocester 1 - 2 Hinckley.


Following the break, despite the fact that the visitors were down to ten men, the Romans failed to capitalise on the situation and on the 74' mark, Rocester made a double substitution with Jack Dundas and Jack Thatcher replacing Elisio Francisco and Jordan Godfrey.


Six minutes later, Rocester also found themselves down to ten men after Kieran Lawton was sent off for a late tackle.


The Romans continued to work hard at both ends and were rewarded with an equaliser in the 87th minute when Liam Robinson got onto the end of a low cross and tapped it into the bottom left corner!


Unfortunately, the Romans were unable to run the clock down. and in the dying seconds, the visitors were awarded a penalty when Abraham was adjudged to have been fouled.

Weal stepped up and despatched the ball well, leaving Charlie Wood with no chance of saving.


Full-time score Rocester 2-3 Hinckley.


It was a real blow; however, we came so close to getting something from this match against a team who had won their previous four games.


Take the positives from tonight's match...

We are definitely on the way back from our enforced lay-off, Liam scored two great goals

and we even managed to silence the Hinckley supporters for a while!


So, it's onward and upward to Pack Meadow for Saturday's match against Chelmsley Town.


So c'mon you mighty Romans!!!!